Thursday, July 23, 2015

Used Coffee Filters

Used coffee filters, stitching, ink, cold wax. oil on panel
24x24
in progress

Recycling coffee grounds from the local coffee house "Michael Thomas Coffee."  5# bucket couple times per week for the garden and yard.  Great nitrogen for growth in this fabulous rainy summer we've been having.  The filters come with the used grounds. I spray the filters off and set them aside to dry in the hot New Mexico sun, I place a wire roll on top to keep them from blowing away in the wind.  A few weeks go by and I brush them off, sew the filters on a machine to hold them together and write a word or six. Then the experiment mixed media on panel begins.

Thank you Michael Thomas Coffee for giving me a wall to hang my paintings, and for recycling!

No comments:

Post a Comment